News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10392
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 08:39:50 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

So this day care shit the NDP promised...

Started by Berry Sweet, August 16, 2018, 10:44:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berry Sweet

...is absolute bullshit.  It was all for votes.  I know too many people who are complaining about it.  No one is getting a break for day care.  It sits at the same.  I feel for the mamas who needed the break from working and paying....I'm so glad mines old enough I dont need it anymore.

Bricktop

So, everyone has to pay, just so people can have kids?

Where does the money come from?

Can't afford kids? Can't cope with kids? Can't manage kids? DON'T HAVE KIDS!!!

Berry Sweet

They promised free day care or $10/mo.  Don't make promises you cant keep.

Berry Sweet

I've never used day care..I did it on my own...God knows how but I did.  I dont need it now.  But many others do on false promises.

Chuck Bronson

If you want spawn, be prepared to take care of them on your own.  As Bricktop stated...  It's not my responsibility to care for other peoples kids, when I made the decision to not have any myself.

And since when are you surprised that politicians are liars?  They rarely do as they say...  Sometimes makes voting difficult.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"They promised free day care or $10/mo.  Don't make promises you cant keep.

The experience of Quebec with taxpayer subsidized healthcare should tell us that parties that promise low cost quality daycare that won't break finances and raise taxes are lying.

Bricktop

Precisely. Its a carrot, dangled before a gullible and witless horde to garner enough votes to exercise power over that horde.

Every party or potential politician that runs for office must publish a budget as part of their electoral platform. If elected, that budget becomes LAW and cannot be deviated from without just cause as approved by the head of State (natural disasters, defence against hostile acts, unforeseen contingencies such as droughts and so on). No new taxation, or rise in taxes, or funding for undeclared policies that were not specified during the election period.

So if a party wants to introduce subsidised day care, it must show in their budget how they plan to pay for it. People then decide if they approve or decline their proposal.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Precisely. Its a carrot, dangled before a gullible and witless horde to garner enough votes to exercise power over that horde.

Every party or potential politician that runs for office must publish a budget as part of their electoral platform. If elected, that budget becomes LAW and cannot be deviated from without just cause as approved by the head of State (natural disasters, defence against hostile acts, unforeseen contingencies such as droughts and so on). No new taxation, or rise in taxes, or funding for undeclared policies that were not specified during the election period.

So if a party wants to introduce subsidised day care, it must show in their budget how they plan to pay for it. People then decide if they approve or decline their proposal.

These promises have both been broken, federally and provincially..

Neither our prime minister or our provincial premier mentioned carbon taxes in their electoral platforms, but imposed them anyway..

Justin Trudeau is running deficits three times higher than he said he would during the election..

He promised the debt to GDP ratio would fall, but it's rising.

Bricktop

In my New Age Democracy, he would be prevented BY LAW from such betrayal of trust.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"In my New Age Democracy, he would be prevented BY LAW from such betrayal of trust.

He will probably remain pm after next year's election. He probably won't win a majority though. Most likely result is a coalition with the extreme prog NDP.

Bricktop

And become their puppet, if our history of alliances with far left parties are any guide.

Makes you wonder about the quality of politician his opposition are able to muster if they couldn't tip him out.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"And become their puppet, if our history of alliances with far left parties are any guide.

Makes you wonder about the quality of politician his opposition are able to muster if they couldn't tip him out.

Mel, Berry and old Joe's province of  BC is governed by an extreme left NDP-Green coalition.

Bricktop

Two are barking bad and one is obsessed with intestinal gas expulsion.

Is that relevant?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Two are barking bad and one is obsessed with intestinal gas expulsion.

Is that relevant?

:laugh:

Anonymous

The  experience  of Quebec, which is the only province in Canada with highly subsidized daycare should serve as warning to Ottawa and  other provinces.